A man asked the Prophet , “When will the Hour be established O Allah’s Apostle?” The Prophet asked, “What have you prepared for it?” The man said, “I haven’t prepared for it much of prayers or fast or alms, but I love Allah and His Apostle.” The Prophet said, “You will be with those whom you love.” 1
“You will be with those whom you love.”
Anas narrated that the Messenger of Allah said:
“None of you would be considered a believer until I become more beloved to him than his family, wealth and all the people.” 2
This hadith clearly mentions that we must love Allah and His Messenger more than we love our mothers, fathers, spouse, brothers and sisters. And after them, mothers have been given the most importance.
It was narrated from Mu’awiyah bin JahimahAs-Sulami, that Jahimah came to the Prophet ﷺ and said:
“O Messenger of Allah! I want to go out and fight (in Jihad) and I have come to ask your advice.” He said: “Do you have a mother?” He said: “Yes.” He said: “Then stay with her, for Paradise is beneath her feet.” 3
Abu Huraira reported that a person said:
“Allah’s Messenger, who amongst the people is most deserving of my good treatment? He said: Your mother, again your mother, again your mother, then your father, then your nearest relatives according to the order (of nearness).”4
Since we love our family so deeply, we have to continuously encourage them to become better Muslims, because we will be raised with them. Unfortunately, in today’s world, we don’t love our family the most. The youth and especially teenagers love pop stars, celebrities, youtube stars and/or movie actors the most. Their love is crazy! They follow their dressing style, they buy their merchandise, they profess their love openly on social media, they follow every update about them on various social media accounts and on news channels as well. The level of craze today’s teenagers have for celebrities is extreme. It is not only a total waste of time but also dangerous, because the hadith states that we will be raised with people we love.
We have a beautiful example to follow in Muhammad but our kids love and adore the stars who dress scantily, indulge in filthy, indecent acts and promote immorality. The aforementioned hadith is a powerful motivation to help us keep a tab on who we and our children love.
How can you say you love Allah and his Messenger the most?
- When azan is called, you answer Allah first – you should pause whatever you are watching/listening, and you offer Salah first.
- If our Prophet’s commands us to do something and your role model contradicts it, you should follow Muhammad.
- You should dress like Muhammad, you speak like him, you like what he likes, you dislike what he dislikes, you do what he ordered you to do and you refrain from what he has forbidden you from. This is the meaning of “love”.
- You should give more time to Allah and His Messenger. Take a quick evaluation and estimate how much time you spend in doing acts of ibadah as compared to the time spent on useless activities that do not benefit your dunya or akhirah.
- You should think more about Allah and His Messengers. Your thoughts must be preoccupied with them. This is a very clear indication of love for someone. When we love someone, they are always on our mind.
- Loving Allah and His Messenger also means you love Muslims too. You feel hurt when Muslims are hurt. Does the plight of Syrian people hurt you? Did it make you cry or you were too busy brooding over your favourite celebrity couple’s break up? Are you aware of situations and wars in different Muslim countries? Do you read about them? Do you research or are you too busy browsing through your “icon’s” Instagram pictures and watching the latest from your favourite youtuber? Please reevaluate where your energy and time is being spent.
- Do you feel enraged when Islam is attacked?
- Have you read more islamic books or more novels?
- Do you look forward to meeting Allah? We are always waiting to meet people we love. Are you always excited for Salah, when Allah calls you? Do you constantly talk to him(Dua)? Do you reread Allah’s and His Messenger’s messages(The Quran and Hadith)?
- Are you ready to sacrifice your time, your wealth and your health for Allah and his Messenger?
The answers to these questions will reveal who your true love is. May Allah guide us to the straight path, instill love of Him, His Messenger and the love of pious people in our hearts. Ameen.
Please share your views about this article in the comments section below. 🙂
About the Author:
3 replies on “You Will Be With Those You Love”
MA SHA ALLAH ! heart touching article ! JAZAKALLAH for sharing with us !