As salamu ‘alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu
Nice to see you on IInternational Open University’s blog! Welcome!
Are you excited??? We definitely are!
Yes! For the very first time, IOU is conducting an exciting competition that will give you a chance to put your thinking caps on and get your creative juices flowing….
The top three winning entries will receive amazing prizes from us, and will have their work featured on our blog!! Yup, you read that right! 🙂
So What Is It About
Simply put, it is a Writing Contest! 🙂
What Are The Themes
- Islam and You: How do you inculcate Islam and practice Islamic values in your family, be it with kids, spouses or family members. How were you able to overcome challenges, if any? Any innovative ideas implemented to make Islam a part of your day-to-day lives among different family members? Write away and let us know.
- Your favorite Qur’an verse and why.
- Your favorite Name of Allah swt, and why.
- Your favorite sahaba and why?
- Your role model and how he/she has influenced you in coming closer to Allah and Islam?
And What are the rules?
- Word count for your article should be about 600-1000 words only. Submissions exceeding 1000 words or below 600 words would be disqualified.
- Your article must be an *original* entry. Plagiarism will lead to immediate disqualification.
- Only one entry per person is allowed.
- You must subscribe to the blog
- You must include your name, age and country of residence in the mail while attaching your article.
- All submissions to be made on or before ______ at ___time.
- The winners chosen by the Panel are final.
- The top three winners will be notified via email and our FB page.
- Please make sure you quote authentic hadeeth in your articles.
- The International Open University does not support or fuel any conflict. Hence, submitted articles should be free from political thoughts or propaganda of writer’s preference of some group.
- Please quote the references wherever necessary.
The winning entries would be featured in the blog. The first three winners will get exciting prizes (maybe we can put up the prizes later on, in order to build the suspense?)