Can you kindly answer the following regarding omen and charms?
1. What is the ruling on putting Islamic rosary beads (tasbeeh) around the neck either for fun or for protection?
2. What is the difference between charms and omen?
3. Some youths (mostly boys) wrap pictures of some Sheikh around their neck as an expression of love for them. They even pray through them for barakah. Is it a form of shirk?
- Putting tasbeeh around the neck for protection is shirk because only Allah protects.
- A charm is something someone wears or hangs up whereas an omen is something the person understands to indicate good or bad.
- This is not correct. It is prohibited.