What are the means to do good for parents after they have passed away? I know that reading 125000 times “La ilaha illallah” for dead people reduces their punishment. Kindly guide me more on this.
“Reading 125000 times La ilaha illallah for dead people and it reduces punishment” does not appear in the teachings of Islam. What you can do for your mother is:
- Make lots of dua' for forgiveness for her.
- Give charity on her behalf.
- Pay her debt [if she had debt].
- Perform Hajj and Umrah on her behalf.
- Fast on her behalf.
- Keep good ties with those people she was close with.
If you liked the article, do leave a comment down below